Review: A BOY CALLED CHRISTMAS by Matt Haig





FACTS ABOUT THE BOOK

Title: A Boy Called Christmas
German Title: Ein Junge Namens Weihnacht
Author: Matt Haig
Publisher: Canongate 
Price:  £6.99
Pages: 265
Genre: Christmas, Fantasy, Children
Year: 2016



BACK OF THE BOOK / WHAT IS IT ABOUT?




You are about to read the true story of Father Christmas.

It is a story that proves that nothing is impossible.
If you are one of those people who believe that some things are impossible, you should put this book down right away. It is most certainly not for you.
Because this book is FULL of impossible things.



Are you still reading?



Good.



Then let us begin . . .



A Boy Called Christmas is a tale of adventure, snow, kidnapping, elves, more snow, and an eleven-year-old boy called Nikolas, who isn't afraid to believe in magic.









MY OPINION 

THE COVER. *-* ♥-♥
Can we all just take a long moment please to appreciate this incredibly beautiful, insanely christmassy cover? ♥_♥
When I first saw this book last year I didn't really care what the story was about, I just NEEDED it in my life. If the story wasn't good I could still very well use it as a stunning Christmas decoration. 

But luckily, the story was more than good. (but I still use it as Christmas decoration :D)
This was the best Christmas book I ever read and I cannot wait to read it again! 
(I really want to add so many christmassy emojis into this review but unfortunately I can't. So just imagine them please.) 

It's been a while since I've last felt so much HATE for a character but Aunt Karlotta is really the epitome of cruel in this book and I hated her so much. I've read this book a year ago and still bristle with rage for her. And I actually found everything surrounding Aunt Karlotta to be a bit too dark and brutal for children.

I LOVED the writing style of this book to pieces. On the one hand it's so easy to read but it's also incredibly beautiful written with a lot of thought put into it and this just makes the reading experience so magical. I really did not want this book to end. 

This book made me feel all the emotions and even made me cry in the end because I was so sad that this beautiful christmassy story was over now. (Although there are two sequels to it.)
I just grew so emotionally attached to this book and its story and it really touched me deeply. 

And it even has lots of little illustrations that make the reading experience even more magical.







CONCLUSION

I am just beyond in love with this cover. I think that every proper Christmas book should have glitter on its cover. *-* And I actually prefer the paperback cover to the one of the hardcover.

I loved this book so so much. 
It's the most festive and most christmassy book I've ever read and I really didn't want it to end. 
It's such a heartwarming, beautiful, and thoughtful story that goes so deep and is so so lovely.
What more can I say?
I just adored every aspect of this book so so much.






RATING

I merrily award this book with 5 out of 5 Christmas stars.






Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Review: THE CHRISTMASAURUS by Tom Fletcher

Rezension zu WOLKENSCHLOSS von Kerstin Gier